Improving Business Intelligence for DEFRA
- Who We Are
- PLC & Divisional Boards
- SCISYS Deutschland GmbH
- SCISYS Media Solutions GmbH
- SCISYS UK
- Xibis Ltd
- Meet Us
- Contact Us
- Media Centre
- Press page and press kits
- Case Studies
- Arqiva Digital Switch Over
- BBC Coyopa - Media Asset Management
- BRDO - Regulation
- CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme
- Defra Business Intelligence
- Dynamic Service Modelling
- Columbus Control Centre
- EA - Farm Inspections
- EA - Better Regulation
- EA - Support
- Natural Resources Wales
- FRES - Electronic Architecture
- Irish EPA - Architecture
- Maritime Activity Scheduling Tool
- Met Office Space Weather
- NDR OB-Van
- Planning Inspectorate
- RNLI SIMS
- Siemens Rail Automation
- The Coal Authority
- UK Power Networks
- Corporate Governance
Defra Shared Services Directorate (Defra SSD) provides back office services for Defra, Department of Energy and Climate Change (DECC) and a number of Defra’s arms length bodies. These organisations need to satisfy a large number of back office information requirements, including undertaking consolidated financial accounts, workforce planning, spend analysis, parliamentary questions and Freedom of Information Act requests. Defra SSD therefore require a sophisticated Business Intelligence environment to efficiently achieve this.
Defra SSD commissioned SCISYS to undertake a review of Business Intelligence strategy, looking at requirements, solution technologies, costs and benefits, with a view to recommending a cost effective solution and a roadmap to deliver it. SCISYS successfully delivered the following services:
- Review of the market for Business Intelligence technology that would best suite Defra SSD’s customers’ needs.
- Develop a roadmap for delivery of improved Business Intelligence.
- Evaluation of the benefits, both tangible and intangible, and the return on investment from improved Business Intelligence.
- Proposal of alternative Business Intelligence solutions, with indicative costs, and a recommendation on the best solution.
Kay Margerison, Head of Business Effectiveness and Customer Engagement Group, Deputy Director, Defra SSD said: "SCISYS was selected for this important project via G-Cloud as the company demonstrated a clear understanding of our requirements and had a clear approach as to how they would deliver the assignment. We are very pleased with the engagement, knowledge of their staff and with progress to date. "
The benefits to Defra SSD’s customers include:
- Several alternative solutions identified at a greatly reduced cost (compared to proposals previously received by Defra SSD).
- A clear roadmap, with incremental steps, to achieve better Business Intelligence.
- Business case to support funding for the initiative.
- Recommendation for the most cost effective Business Intelligence solution that can be deployed rapidly and meets all strategic objectives as well as addressing short term tactical issues.
For more information
Contact datascisys.couk or talk to our Environment team on +44 (0)1249 466466