Guidance Navigation & Control (GNC) Engineer
We are looking for a Guidance, Navigation & Control (GNC) Engineer.
Thanks to the consolidated experience in the field, the candidate will play a crucial technical role in tackling and solving state-of-the-art GNC problems for upcoming commercial and/or institutional missions. He/she will be joining our Darmstadt-based GNC team, currently working on advanced topics such as optimal control for on-orbit electric station-keeping and large constellations maintenance. Additionally, he/she will contribute to the mission analysis for the German telecommunication satellite “Heinrich Hertz” (H2SAT). The candidate will also be involved as a technical expert in the bidding processes for upcoming GNC studies. The candidate will report directly to GNC team manager.
For this position, the following tasks are currently envisaged, but the assignments might change during the projects development depending on the operational needs:
- Design, implement and validate various on-ground and/or on-board orbit and attitude GNC algorithms for individual spacecraft but also for constellations and formations
- Participate in the design, development, and verification of GNC flight software prototypes
- Perform analyses and support trade-off studies in the GNC domain
- Produce all the necessary associated design and test documentation
- Review and evaluate GNC analyses, studies and designs performed by third parties
- Develop and tests scripts used during mission operations
- Support mission simulations in performing GNC analysis tasks expected during operations
- Plan and provide GNC operational support required during flight
- Support business development activities in the GNC domain
For the full profile and to apply please visit www.scisys.de/spacejobs.