Ground Segment System Engineer
We are looking for a Ground Segment System Engineer (f/m) to work at EUMETSAT (Darmstadt, Germany).
The successful candidate shall contribute to maintaining the overall system design documentation of the operational systems. When evolutions of these systems are proposed and implemented, he/she shall analyse them and verify the system and interfaces coherence.
In the role of support to the maintenance and evolution activities of the operational programmes, the tasks of the Engineer shall include:
- Contribute to the maintenance, for all the operational ground systems, of a complete and consistent set of System Technical Documentation
- Perform technical analysis of system architecture and specification evolutions or major upgrades of the operational ground systems, for interfaces coherence and compatibility check with other ongoing developments
- Define the IV&V testing approach for major evolutions of the operational ground systems and contribute to the co-ordination of the installation, integration and verification of new systems into the Operational infrastructure
- Contribute to the various OPS & TSS Projects and associated reviews, as required, providing System Engineering support during the design phase and contribute actively to the definition of the IV&V activities
- Perform analysis, investigations and resolution of system level anomalies
- Provide expert inputs to the SEP System Engineering Team Leader on all related activities as requested
- Support the OPS regular coordination processes, including CRBs and ARBs, as requested
In the role of services to the development of new GEO and LEO programmes, the tasks of the Engineer shall include:
- Participate to the definition of the system architecture and interfaces between the multi-mission elements and the programme specific elements of the ground system
- In coordination with the system and interface engineers of the future ground segment, ensure that the definition and documentation of new interfaces are compatible with the methodology used in Operations; this includes the use of common templates for Interface Control Document and the use of the same tool for maintaining the interfaces data dictionary
- Provide support to the definition of the IV&V approach for the future ground Systems
For the full profile and to apply please visit www.scisys.de/spacejobs