Software Test Engineer
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to work at The European Southern Observatory (ESO) in Garching, near Munich.
The Software Engineering and Quality Group (SEQ) in the Department of Science Operations Software (SCS) provides development teams with software engineering services, including the testing of software applications during all phases of the development life-cycle. Particular focus is on the automation of test cases wherever possible, GUI testing for desktop and web applications, and the maintenance of regression test suites.
The required services consists of:
- Testing software applications for the Atacama Large Millimeter Aarray (ALMA) project according to ALMA standards and processes.
- Regularly interacting with developers and science users to collect and understand the user requirements.
- Producing test cases, plans, and reports.
- Analyzing test results, and investigating the root causes in collaboration with the developers.
- Maintaining the existing automated test suites.
- Defining, and maintaining effective test environments. (Platforms used are Linux and Mac OS.)
For the full profile and to apply please visit www.scisys.de/spacejobs