EPS-SG Operations Preparation Systems Engineer
For the location in Darmstadt (Germany) we are looking for a EPS-SG Operations Preparation Systems Engineer to work at EUMETSAT.
EPS-SG is the second generation of EUMETSAT’s polar system and as such has a strong heritage from the existing EPS with its Metop satellites and operations, and from other elements of the EUMETSAT infrastructure in support of current programmes. The main objective of the ops preparation activities is to deliver a system ready for routine operations together with a qualified operations team. The Operations Preparation Integrated Team (OPIT) is responsible for the production, the deployment and the execution of EPS-SG operations from phase B up to phase E3 which includes the System In-Orbit Validation (SIOV) and commissioning activities. Operations preparations activities will be coordinated with the LEOP Service
The activities for this consultancy will cover Operation Preparation tasks focusing on the development of EPS-SG System Operations. The Contractor shall be responsible for the following tasks:
- Responsible for the definition of the overall Operations Validation Plan (OVP).
- Implement and coordinate the OVP for the validation of the operational scenarios and support the SIM Officer during the simulation campaigns.
- Coordinate with IV&V team to deliver as necessary validated operational scenarios for V&V test cases.
- Responsible for the definition of system operation documentation for both nominal and contingency operations (System Ops Guides) in close coordination with OPS department.
- Develop and validate the end to end System Operation Procedures and Timelines for routine and contingency operations in coordination with satellite and system operations engineers.
- Coordinate with OPS team leaders to ensure compliance with existing OPS workflows and processes as per Operations Management Plan (OMP).
- In coordination with OPS teams, contribute to the Reference Operations Plan and ensure coherency with mission concepts.
- Ensure focal point of contact in OPIT for coordination with V&V Team.
For the full profile and to apply please visit www.scisys.de/spacejobs