LEO (Jason-CS) Spacecraft Operations Engineer
For the location in Darmstadt (Germany) we are looking for a LEO (Jason-CS) Spacecraft Operations Engineer to work at EUMETSAT.
The Contractor via its key person shall provide consultancy to the Operations and Services to Users Department and the LEO Spacecraft Operations Team, focussing on the operations preparation and transition to operations of Jason-CS/Sentinel-6 satellites, but including some cross-interactions with other LEO missions where appropriate. The consultancy will encompass responsibility for preparations and operations of specific in-orbit subsystems and/or instruments. Furthermore, this may also include consultancy to the on-board software management, simulator configuration, or other activities required for the safe and efficient operation of the satellites. The Contractor shall establish effective working interfaces via its key person with the satellite operations activities of other operations engineers and analysts, and external teams responsible for mission control, mission planning, flight dynamics and ground stations.
The tasks of the Contractor via its key person will typically include:
- Provide consultancy to the satellite operations preparation and eventual transition into operations of Jason-CS/ Sentinel-6:
- Provide inputs and / or review the definition of system and satellite operational concepts.
- Support satellite design reviews and operability discussions.
- Support satellite control ground segment reviews and operability discussions
- Review space to ground interface specifications and flight operations manuals
- Support the definition of tools and processes required to prepare for and operate the satellites.
- Develop and test the database, procedures and operations guides
- Prepare for and execute Satellite System Validation Tests for assigned subsystems and instruments
- Develop training material for routine operations control personnel.
- Support interactions with other LEO satellite operations preparation / operations activities in order to help ensure consistent and effective approaches to the satellite operations.
For the full profile and to apply please visit www.scisys.de/spacejobs