Spacecraft Operations Engineer
We are looking for a Spacecraft Operations Engineer (f/m) to work in our Darmstadt office.
The successful candidate will be supporting operations preparation for different upcoming missions at SCISYS, like the German telecommunication mission “Heinrich Hertz” (H2SAT, phases C/D/E1), the Mission to the Moon and the ESA Lagrange space weather mission (phases A/B). The candidate will be able to contribute from the very beginning of the project lifecycle and eventually become a member of the mission operations team for H2SAT.
For this position, the following tasks are currently envisaged, but the assignments might change during the projects development depending on the operational needs:
- Review, refine and complement relevant documentation generated during preceding phases
- Support the development of all the required documentation as per operational phase, according to ECSS standard
- Develop and validate the Flight Operations Procedures for LEOP, IOT and routine operations
- Prepare training material and provide training to other members of the operations team
- Define, coordinate, conduct and document system validation activities as simulation campaigns, SVTs, mission rehearsals, etc.
- Test and validate all operational items
- Perform operational configuration management
- Participate in technical meetings, formal reviews, and scheduling and planning meetings
- Support H2SAT LEOP, platform & payload IOT, GTO-GEO transfer and final GEO orbit slot acquisition as member of the operations team
For the full profile and to apply please visit www.scisys.de/spacejobs